With each new assignment, Lisa works closely with her clients to set objectives for the target audience, desired outcomes and specific call to actions. Not one to simply take an assignment at face value, you can expect her to ask in-depth questions, offer innovative suggestions and provide professional recommendations to elevate the desired outcome. Each assignment will be guided by mutually agreed-upon deadline schedules, with large projects detailed in incremental stages. Regular reporting and communication will facilitate the success of each assignment.
Every project or “design challenge” follows this process:
1) Project Intake – Meet with client to identify and understand the project goals and parameters.
It is key at this stage to determine:
• Who is the target audience?
• What is the message we want them to receive?
• How do we want them to respond?
2) Review – Client-provided content, image files, brand guidelines and other materials will be examined carefully to identify any additional input needed.
3) Creative Brief – A written summary will be provided to the client detailing the parameters, goals, required
deliverables and incremental stage deadlines for both parties. Agreement to the Creative Brief will ensure expectations and final deadlines are met.
4) Research & Brainstorm – As part of the design process, internal research will be conducted to fully
understand the scope of the project and to determine the best solution to the design challenge.
5) Layout Presentation – The proposed design concept and layout will be provided electronically in pdf form.
6) Refinement – Two rounds of edits and client input will be gathered and incorporated into subsequent proofs. The final proof will require client authorization for approval to proceed with production.
7) Deliverables – Final end product files will be provided to the client or coordinated with third-party vendors as directed by the client. The client is responsible for negotiating with and payment of third-party vendors.
An active subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud ensures the latest software versions of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator will be used to generate design work. Hi-res print pdfs will be generated through Adobe Acrobat.